Saturday, February 10, 2018

The Seven Five (2014)

Director: Tiller Russell

Composers: Amy Marie Beauchamp, Jose Cancela

Starring: Mike Dowd, Ken Eurell, Walter Yurkiw, Chickie, Dori Eurell

More info: IMDb

Tagline: In 1980's Brooklyn, The Most Dangerous Gangsters Were New York City Cops.

Plot: Meet the dirtiest cop in NYC history. Michael Dowd stole money and dealt drugs while patrolling the streets of 80s Brooklyn.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

This documentary had my emotions going.  For a while I hated these guys because they (the two crooked cops this focuses on, Dowd & Eurell) were so cocky but that changed.  I never admired them but they are very likable and entertaining.  Their exploits are sickening but fun in the way they tell it.  It's incredible how they were able to get away with so much for so long.  At least one of them doesn't seem to have any regrets and one of them has that hard-wired loyalty to cops that he would never rat out another cop regardless of the crimes.  He has a sense of pride and honor which I find to be abhorrent.  He's a scumbag piece of shit to claim to have so much honor while he completely disrespected the badge and the citizens by his actions as a hardcore criminal.  This film is interesting as hell and I've just about talked myself into watching it again today having only watched it last night.  This is good shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment