Saturday, December 9, 2017

Snowpiercer (2013)

Director: Bong Joon Ho

Writers: Bong Joon Ho, Kelly Masterson, Jacques Lob, Benjamin Legrand, Jean-Marc Rochette

Composer: Marco Beltrami

Starring: Chris Evans, Song Kang Ho, Ed Harris, John Hurt, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, Ewen Bremner, Ko Ah-Sung

More info: IMDb

Tagline: AD 2031: the passengers in the train are the only survivors on Earth.

Plot: Set in a future where a failed climate-change experiment kills all life on the planet except for a lucky few who boarded the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe, where a class system emerges.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again?  Yeah.

It's a weird, if not completely ridiculous and silly, premise but it's a fun action flick with some neat set pieces.  I liked it enough but not like it the rest of the planet who's gone gaga over it.  The performances were good and there's some great, violent action in close quarters but there were so many cars go pass through to get to the end, like a linear video game, that I was ready for the big bad boss at the end.  Maybe I was down in the dumps or something when I saw it because everyone else I know went apeshit over it.  I'll watch it again someday.  It didn't help that by the time I saw this the years of hype was off the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment