Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wrasslin' She Babes Of The 1950s Volume 0

More info: Something Weird Video

My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

This is the first in a series of 19 video releases from Something Weird Video that features women's professional wrestling.  The 5 matches on this disc are from the early 50s and feature such stars as Betty "The Atlanta Peach" Hawkins, Violet Vian, Clara Mortensen, Gorgeous Lenzi, Carol Cook, Ruth "Texas Cyclone" Kelly, Lily Bitter, Laraine Johnson, Cora Combs and June Beyers.



The 5 bouts last for a total of an hour and twenty minutes.  The half hour that follows is a collection of short titillating vintage films of scantily clad women wrestling of a different kind.




Unfortunately only one of the films ends with anything like that.  Those were more fun than real wrasslin' pictures not only because they're wearing less clothing but because they smile and look like they're having fun.   The real wrestling stuff is mildly entertaining.  I'm not a wrestling fan and this is the most of that kind of thing I've ever seen in total throughout my life.  I thought it would be more fun but I guess not.  It's obvious that it's staged but it's still somewhat entertaining.  A few minutes here and there would've been preferable instead of 80 minutes worth but then that's a good amount for fans.  The announcer that calls it is also reasonably entertaining but it gets old after a while.  I was curious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment