Monday, July 10, 2017

Crazy Love (2007)

Directors: Dan Klores, Fisher Stevens

Writer: Dan Klores

Composer: Douglas J. Cuomo

Starring: Bob Janoff, Burt Pugach, Linda Pugach, Sylvia Hoffman, Rita Kessler, Joyce Guerriero, Berry Stainback, Jimmy Breslin

More info: IMDb

Tagline: He had to have her

Plot: The bizarre true story of Linda Riss and Burt Pugach.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

This documentary is off-the-charts insanely entertaining.  DO NOT spoil anything about this movie for you.  I went in completely cold, not knowing anything about it and I was better for it.  The film makers are to be congratulated for taking a batshit crazy story and making a narrative, visually and aurally, that caters to that insanity.  There are a handful of fucked up reveals that blindsided me, piquing my interest even more, especially when I thought it couldn't get more interesting and nutty.  This film takes you to the limit of belief.  It's shocking and funny and the two main interviewees are some of the most remarkable pieces of work you'll ever come along.  I enjoyed the shit out of this picture.  You will be agape and astonished.

No comments:

Post a Comment