Friday, January 13, 2017

Ex Machina (2015)

Director: Alex Garland

Writer: Alex Garland

Composers: Geoff Barrow, Ben Salisbury

Starring: Domhnall Gleeson, Corey Johnson, Oscar Isaac, Alicia Vikander, Sonoya Mizuno, Claire Selby, Symara A. Templeman, Gana Bayarsaikhan, Tiffany Pisani, Elina Alminas

More info: IMDb

Tagline: To erase the line between man and machine is to obscure the line between men and gods.

Plot: A young programmer is selected to participate in a ground-breaking experiment in synthetic intelligence by evaluating the human qualities of a breath-taking humanoid A.I.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

Even though I'd heard good things about this picture, I've been burned before with an abundance of positive reviews only to be disappointed.  I LOVE this movie.  It's one of those flicks you sit back uninterrupted and soak it in.  I love the pacing, acting, story, surprises and ending.  It's a home run no matter how you slice it.  Even though I'd already seen THE FORCE AWAKENS (2015) at least twice by the time I saw this, I did not recognize Gleeson or Isaac at all.  Despite the magic of seeing this for the first time is gone, I look forward to seeing this again being more enlightened to the story.  The Blu-ray looks amazing but I haven't had a chance to dig through the few extras.  Sadly there's no director commentary.  It would be great spending spending close to two hours listening to how this all came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment