Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Punisher (1989)

Director: Mark Goldblatt

Composer: Dennis Dreith

Writer: Boaz Yakin

Starring: Dolph Lundgren, Louis Gossett Jr., Jeroen Krabbe, Kim Miyori, Bryan Marshall, Nancy Everhard, Barry Otto, Brian Rooney

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Punisher will be coming for you, if you break the law!

Plot:  When Frank Castle's family is murdered by criminals, he wages war on crime as a vigilante assassin known only as the Punisher.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

OK, so here's how you have to approach this movie.  I didn't realize it until I was well into it.  The dialogue is ridiculous and the acting is all over the place but it's mostly over the top.  So if you watch this knowing that you're watching a comic book movie then you're ahead of the game.  If you do that then you might have a lot more fun.  When I realized this, that's when I just let go and enjoy it.  On that level it's kind of fun.  If you take it seriously then you're in for a major disappointment.  I've seen the other two films and I like them better but it's nice to finally get around to this one and put it behind me.  The Artisan DVD has a nice anamorphic widescreen print with the only extra being the fullscreen trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment