Wednesday, May 18, 2016

George Lopez: Tall, Dark & Chicano (2009)

Director: Marty Callner

Writer: George Lopez

Starring: George Lopez

More info: IMDb

Tagline:  He's all over the hood.

Plot:  George's HBO stand-up comedy special.



My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

I laughed once and that was the gag using a vibrator as a tortilla roller.   The rest of it was mildly amusing.  I don't dislike Lopez but I just didn't find this funny.  I can see why others would love it but it's not for me.  He's very energetic, constantly roaming the stage, he makes sound effects and funny faces.  The guy sold out a 14k seat auditorium for this.  He's doing something right.  The HBO DVD has no extras but the concert is longer than usual at about 90 minutes so there's a lot more of George to love...or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment