Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bigfoot's Reflection (2007)

Director: Evan Beloff

Writers: Evan Beloff, Darryll D.B. Walsh

Composer: Toby W. Richardson

Starring:  Who knows, they didn't bother to list them in the film's credits.

More info: IMDb

Tagline:  Does the creature we seek live within us too?

Plot:  This film follows dedicated researches on their quest to find Bigfoot.



My rating:  5/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

I don't know why I bother with Bigfoot documentaries.  Maybe I'm secretly hoping for a good laugh.  At least the ones made in the 70s are entertaining.  I don't believe in Bigfoot.  It would be cooler 'n' hell if one was found but lets' face it, there has been no proven evidence of the existence of any such creature.  This brief film (48 minutes) is just a few stories by a small handful of folks who are active Bigfoot hunters/researchers/believers.  Their stories are similar and they aren't all that entertaining.  There is some discussion of the famous Patterson film made in the 60s and it's remarkable how many different ways folks can come up with to say that it's authentic like "if it's a man in a suit, you'd have to glue each hair to the body in order to see such muscle definition" (you can't see muscles, sorry).  That's just one example and I'm paraphrasing.   The people interviewed are earnest and they seem to be convinced without a shadow of a doubt that they've experienced, first hand, the creatures.  Are they delusional or are they making this up for the attention?  Beats me.  The music was soothing and the mountainous locations were pretty.  I'd totally be willing to go a-huntin' for some Bigfeets in the gorgeous mountains if someone would throw me some plane tickets and some camping gear.  I'll believe in whatever you want for a couple of weeks hiking and camping in the beautiful wilderness.  Anyone want to go?  This'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment