Friday, April 1, 2016

Minority Report (2002)

Director: Steven Spielberg

Writers: Philip K. Dick, Scott Frank, Jon Cohen

Composer: John Williams

Starring: Tom Cruise, Max von Sydow, Steve Harris, Neal McDonough, Patrick Kilpatrick, Jessica Capshaw, Lois Smith, Tim Blake Nelson, Neal McDonough

More info: IMDb

Tagline:  What would you do if you were accused of a murder, you had not committed... yet?

Plot: In a future where a special police unit is able to arrest murderers before they commit their crimes, an officer from that unit is himself accused of a future murder.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

I haven't seen this since the theater in 2002 and it's about as I remember it.  It's good, very good.  The future tech is great, fun and scary.  The advertising everywhere you go seems frighteningly plausible.  I don't like that one bit but the look of the film is great in how it frames all of it.  I think this was probably the first Tom Cruise movie that I didn't see Tom Cruise in, if you know what I mean.  He wasn't his usual Tom Cruise-y self and I liked that.  The story is good and not overly complicated for the sake of being a complicated sci-fi thing and the ending is satisfying.  The action set pieces are good and the tension gets tight.  It's another solid piece of entertainment from Spielberg that doesn't disappoint.  The Dreamworks 2-disc DVD has an anamorphic widescreen print with LOTS of extras.  The next time I watch this will be on Blu-ray or whatever hi-def format is out in fifteen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment