Monday, March 28, 2016

It Follows (2014)

Director: David Robert Mitchell

Writer: David Robert Mitchell

Composer: Rich Vreeland

Starring: Bailey Spry, Carollette Phillips, Loren Bass, Keir Gilchrist, Maika Monroe, Lili Sepe, Charles Gertner, Debbie Williams, Olivia Luccardi, Jake Weary, Daniel Zovatto

More info: IMDb

Tagline: It doesn't think. It doesn't feel. It doesn't give up.

Plot: A young woman is followed by an unknown supernatural force after getting involved in a sexual encounter.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again?  Yes.

I saw this in the theater nearly a year ago and I forgot to write about it.  I've since bought the Blu-ray on the super cheap but I haven't watched it yet.  It's a good flick and one of the better horror films that have come out in the past few years.  Really.  Despite not knowing the origin of the 'being' that's making these horrific things happen, the film is forced to rely on a strong premise with a strong story and performances.  It works really well.  I really liked the look and feel of a late 70s movie.  Hell, I loved that part.  And one thing that really sits well with me is how much I wanted to discuss it with my friends after it was over, one of those 'let's go out for dinner and spend an hour or two breaking this thing down and imagine this and that.'  I immediately began wondering how I would handle the situation if I suddenly became prey to the 'thing'.  What would you do?  That sort of thing.  My mind raced to find a solution to this original premise.  It's a thinker of a horror film and it doesn't pander to teenagers but instead tries to get under your skin with a potentially unsolvable frightening problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment