Thursday, September 17, 2015

Gangsters: America's Most Evil (2012) TV series

Series creator & writer: Marielle Skouras

Composers: Pfilbryte, Pete Kneser, Eric Plust

Starring: Cornell Womack (narrator)

More info: IMDb

Plot: Gangsters: America's Most Evil is a cinematic documentary series that explores the rise and fall of some of the most nefarious and notorious criminals brought to justice by the United States government.



My rating: 9/10

Will I watch it again? YES!!!

From the first few minutes of episode 1 I was hooked.  The episodes (currently streaming on Netlix) are about 45 minutes.  Womack's narration is great.  His deep, raspy voice aurally sets the tone.  The music is well-integrated, the photos, footage and pacing fill out the rest.  Man, and the subjects and stories are interesting as hell.   And the series colors hardcore criminals of every color and gender.   I love stuff like this and I REALLY miss the true crime show CITY CONFIDENTIAL (1998) (both A&E shows, btw).   The pisser with both shows is their lack of DVD presence.  I binge-watched the shit out of this one over the course of a week and that's a lot of viewing but it was so compelling that I couldn't stop.  It's been a few months since I did that and now I'm about ready to watch it all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment