Friday, July 10, 2015

Mat Hoffman's Tribute to Evel Knievel (2008)

Director: ???

Composer: ???

Starring: Mat Hoffman, Johnny Knoxville, Travis Pastrana, Scott Palmer, Allan Cooke, Davin "Psycho" Halford, Trigger Gumm, "Harley" Jeff Schneider

More info: IMDb

Plot: Stuntmen and daredevils, all getting their early inspiration from Evel Knievel, attempt to set motorcycle jump world records of varying kinds.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.

I loves me some Evel and I loves me some stunts.  This (about) 45 minute film gives you a sizable number of world-breaking jumps in one spot.  Not everyone makes it but they're still great to watch and some are incredible.  Trigger Gumm does an amazing 300' or so jump. You'd think that'd be hard to top but later Scott Palmer jumps out of an airplane without a parachute and wearing only a pair of shorts and deck shoes.  Wow.  After that what's left to offer pales in comparison.  It's worth watching once for fans of this sort of thing but I can't see many folks re-watching it.  I'm sure there are individual clips on YouTube that you can find a favorite and watch again.  The Paramount DVD has a non-anamorphic widescreen print, 34 minutes of extra footage, 3 music videos and some previews of MTV shows including one for A SHOT AT LOVE WITH TILA TEQUILA reality show.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment