Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Strike of the Tortured Angels (1982)

Director: Roy Rosenberg

Writers: Dick O'Nell, Gary Capra Jr.

Composer: Ricky Chan

Starring: Susan Lee, Stella Jone, Laura Sode-Matteson, George Bill, Larry Moore, Jim Man

More info: IMDb

Tagline: ACTION! BETRAYAL! HATRED! BLOODSHED! GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS!

Plot:  Three girls in a women's prison escape and have a difficult time staying a live and free on the run.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again?  No.

This overly dramatic Women In Prison (WIP) film from Hong Kong has each of the three escapees out to either wrong a right, get revenge or take care of business before they die.  The 'black' girl has TB and one of them is pregnant or something.  And by black I mean an Asian woman in blackface.


Yup. For a WIP picture I don't recall a single frame of nudity although there is a hint at the obligatory group shower scene as the girls arrive at the jungle camp.  There's also no torture or much of any of the edgy staples of WIP films.  It's mildly entertaining but I've got to say that I was bored enough that a day after watching it I forgot almost everything about it.  That's not good.  The crappy fullscreen VHS tape with Dutch subs isn't the way to go but it's the only way you're probably going to find it.  It's one of several crap movies in the Fortune 5 DVD set called Grindhouse Experience that comes with 20 lousy movies.  I've been through them all and there's only one now that I would consider watching again.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment