Saturday, August 23, 2014

Feast (2005)

Director: John Gulager

Writers: Marcus Dunstan, Patrick Melton

Composer: Stephen Edwards

Starring: Balthazar Getty, Henry Rollins, Navi Rawat, Judah Friendlander, Josh Zuckerman, Jason Mewes, Jenny Wade, Krista Allen, Clu Gulager

More info: IMDb

Tagline: They're Hungry. You're Dinner.

Plot: Patrons locked inside of a bar are forced to fight monsters.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? No.

If you like your horror mixed with some black humor then this might fit the bill for you.  It's gory, the creature effects are good, there's lots of monster action, you've got a few familiar faces in the cast and there are some pretty good laughs.  People die and a lot of them don't last long which I dug.  It's also tedious and after the first half of the picture my attention started to wain.  It felt like it was one ordeal after another as if it had to reach that 90 minute running time.  A little less would have helped.  Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood for it.  I've heard a lot of good things about it but it didn't gel for me.  It is cool that the director is the son of Clu Gulager.  

No comments:

Post a Comment