Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sundance Film Festival 2014 Day 2





For the most part it was a nice, relaxing, quiet day hanging out at the lodge.  The only movie of the day was last night at Slamdance, a film festival that runs parallel to Sundance but features an even more independent movie spirit.  The films are micro budget and many with a slant toward the daring and experimental.  The picture was COPENHAGEN (2013).  The room was small (a hotel conference room was turned into a makeshift theater) but that didn't hurt the film in my eyes.  Outstanding.  Afterwards it was back to Casa Nova for the cast and crew party.  I spoke with the writer and director , Mark Raso, briefly about how much I enjoyed his film and why.  Nice cat.  The food was fantastic as was the conversation.  There's only one movie that I MUST see this trip and that's DEAD SNOW: RED VS. DEAD (2014) and that's tonight at midnight.  Fingers crossed that I'll make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment