Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Evil Dead II (1987)

Director: Sam Raimi

Writers: Sam Raimi, Scott Spiegel

Composer: Joseph LoDuca

Starring: Bruce Campbell, Sarah Berry, Dan Hicks, Kassie Wesley DePaiva, Ted Raimi, Denise Bixler, Richard Domeier, John Peakes

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Kiss Your Nerves Good-Bye!

Plot: The lone survivor of an onslaught of flesh-possessing spirits holds up in a cabin with a group of strangers while the demons continue their attack.



My rating: 9/10 ("Groovy")

Will I watch it again? Naturally.

I've seen this and the other two films many, many times but something weird happened last night when I watched this one for the first time in probably 7 years (way too long, I know), I wasn't as thrilled with it as I had been.  This one was always my favorite of the three but now it's been downgraded to the number two spot with the first film taking the reigns. It's still a great flick but it was strange how it wasn't as perfect as I remembered it.  Anyway, Bruce Campbell is the man and with more money, Raimi was able to take the first movie to the next level with blood and gore effects and zany dark humor.  If you haven't seen it by now then you need to watch these movies in order and enjoy the hell out of yourself.  The ending is balls-out insanely awesome and a great setup for part 3, ARMY OF DARKNESS (1992).


No comments:

Post a Comment