Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Maximum Overdrive (1986)

Director: Stephen King

Writer: Stephen King

Composer: AC/DC

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Stephen King's masterpiece of terror directed by the master himself.

Plot: When a mysterious comet passes close within the Earth, machines all over the World come alive and go on homicidal rampages. A group of people in a desolate Truck Stop are held hostage by a gang of homicidal 18-wheelers. The frightened people set out to defeat the killer machines...or be killed by them.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? No.

Here's another Stephen King flick that took me by surprise.  It's fun.  I was skeptical as to King's talents behind the camera but he does a fine job. I like the idea of machines going amuck and attack us humans.  The electric knife attack, the soda machine firing cans at the kids, the steamroller running over kids! It's automatic points in my book is you've got the balls to kill kids. You may be surprised to know that I don't have any...or did I?  Bwahahahahahaha.  Anyway, halfway through the picture is where we find all of the players held captive at a truck stop but a bunch of sentient 18 wheelers. For the rest of the time it's all about survival and getting the hell away.  I kept waiting for the movie to start sucking but that never came.  It ended nicely.  Cue some AC/DC tunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment