Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Nun of That (2009)

Director: Richard Griffin

Writers: Richard Griffin, Ted Marr

Composers: Daniel Hildreth, Tony Milano

Starring: Sarah Nicklin, Alexandra Cipolla, Shanette Wilson, Ruth Sullivan, Richh Tretheway, Brandon Luis Aponte, Michael Reed, Debbie Rochon, Lloyd Kaufman

More info: IMDb

Tagline: A blast for you and a blasphemy!

Plot: Nun of That is an action-comedy that follows Sister Kelly Wrath as she transforms from a nun with a simple temper problem to a vengeful killer. After being gunned down in an alley, she ascends to heaven to receive training from some of the great figures of religious mythology (Moses, Gandhi, and Jesus himself). She is then set back to Earth to join the other members of the Order of the Black Habit, a group of supernatural vigilante nuns as they seek revenge against the mob.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again? Most definitely.

Part of the Nunsploitation Project (July & August 2013). Click here for more naughty nun insanity!


So here I am, going into the final stretch of Nunsploitation movies and this one has to blow my socks off.  I was howling with laughter many times.  The cast rocks the funny all the way till the end.  The jokes are often fast, hilarious and nearly all of them hit their marks AND are quite clever and fucking funny.  I can't say enough about this picture.  It's got action, comedy, nudity (YES!!!), religious puns all over the place (good ones, too).  It would take pages to describe all of the gags.






I just love the 70s look they gave to the posters.  I NEED to have this one framed on my wall!


There's a song and dance number from Jesus that absolutely kills.  Not only is the tune very good and catchy but the lyrics are clever and fun and the dancing is well choreographed.  I need this MP3 now (but without the dialogue interruptions).



Great shit.  I've listened to this a half dozen times and I only finished watching the movie a half hour ago.





I can't recommend this highly enough.  I'm an instant fan of director/writer Richard Griffin and I'm going to search out the rest of his extensive filmography.  THE DISCO EXORCIST (2011)?  Are you kidding me?  Of course I'll watch it.  Amazon just got a chunk of money for a bunch of his DVDs.



No comments:

Post a Comment