Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Kevin Pollak's New Standup Comic Documentary & Kickstarter Project - Misery Loves Comedy

I've been a huge fan of Kevin Pollak since the 80s when my adolescent self was eating up all the standup comedy I could get my greedy little hands on.  He's very talented and smart and it shows in his work, especially his dramatic film roles.  I love documentaries about comics and the art of comedy so this one is right up my alley and I can't wait to see it.  This blog is fueled by my passion for movies and I'm posting this because it touches my other passion for standup comedy. 



Some of the funny folks involved are:

Christopher Guest
Jim Gaffigan
Dana Carvey
Ralphie May
Richard Lewis
Rob Delaney
Nick Griffin
Penn Jillette
Eddie Izzard
Jon Favreau
Joel McHale
James L. Brooks
Paul Feig
Tom Hanks
Harry Shearer
Marc Maron
Jason Reitman
Barry Sonnenfeld
Dave Thomas
Chris Hardwick
Scott Auckerman
Matt Walsh
Richard Kind
Alan Zweibel
Bobby Slayton
Peter Farrelly
Dana Gould
Andy Richter
David Wain
Greg Proops
Tom Lennon
Lisa Kudrow
Peter Serafinowicz
Eugene Mirman
Kevin Nealon
Kumail Nanjiani
Laraine Newman
Stephen Merchant

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.  As a Kickstarter project, there are some neat goodies you get with your contribution.  The $60 pledge is a good one with a signed DVD, among other things, and your name in the credits!  If you are near Los Angeles then 40 bucks more gets you that plus two tickets to the premiere!


My raging passions include just two, movies and standup comedy, and when I see the two come together in something as special as this, I just have to spread the word.  If this interests you, take a look at it and hopefully contribute.  I REALLY want to see this movie.  Don't make me come over there and smack you upside the head for not doing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment