Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Rape of a Nun (1983)

Director: Yiorgos Mylonas

Starring: Liana Thanou, Nikos Tsachiridis, Giorgos Matargas, Efi Mavridi, Cleio Mysiri, Ankie Grelson, Kostas Kontoyannis, Pavlina Jones, Lefteris Giftopoulos, Bibi Avouri, Paris Labrakos, Dimitris Banos

More info: IMDb

Plot: A young girl is forced by her father to become a nun. But soon she finds out that dark secrets are hiding behind the convent walls and that she's there to serve lustful human masters and not God.


My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again? No.

Part of the Nunsploitation Project (July & August 2013). Click here for more naughty nun insanity!

OK, this watching Nunsploitation movies without any English dub or sub is getting old.  I'm finding I need to completely understand what the hell is going on.  Halfway through this picture it goes from being all about nuns to not being about nuns at all and I have no friggin' idea why.




















Then suddenly, 20 minutes before the end of the picture the girl above peeking in the doorway has a flashback to the rape.  Ah!  She's the former nun.  I didn't realize she had been released into the wild. 




I know, dude, I'm just as confused as you are.  I'm not exactly sure what happened with the detectives (I think they were cops) at the end but it appeared that our rape victim found her true love and then the camera turns over to the film crew that opened the picture.  That's about all I gleaned from this flick. It's one of two Greek Nunsploitation pictures I've come across so I figured, language barrier and all, I should watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment