Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Nun Story: Frustration In Black (1980)

Director: Nobuaki Shirai

Starring: Rie Akagi, Masato Furuoya, Yukie Ishii, Eri Kanuma

More info: IMDb

Plot:  I have no idea.  Some nuns get tortured and raped.  One of them sneaks out of the convent to have sex with her friends in a van and later she gets gang raped.  Stuff happens and it ain't pretty.

My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again? No.

Part of the Nunsploitation Project (July & August 2013). Click here for more naughty nun insanity! 

As you can see by the images, the print I watched was VHS quality at best.  To make it worse, there was no English language option for audio or subtitles.  Sometimes you can get by without understanding what's being said and sometimes you can't.  I'm definitely missing something by not knowing exactly what's going on but there's quite a bit of rape and torture which is par for the course in Japanese sleaze cinema in the 70s and into the 80s.









In only 67 minutes they throw in a lot of it, too.  I doubt I would ever watch this again as even with an English dub or sub it looks like it would only slightly improve.  If you see it you'll know what I mean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment