Saturday, August 10, 2013

Master of Love (1972)

Director: Brunello Rondi

Starring: Tina Aumont, Janet Agren, Rossano Brazzi, Barbara Bouchet, Magali Noel, Silvia Monti, Enzo Cerusico, Leopoldo Trieste

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The first graduates in the noble art of SEX.

Plot:  The film’s premise had to do with a wise and experienced maestro in the arts of love (Rossano) imparting his knowledge and techniques to a younger man before he dies ... Rossano’s character’s final great act of love was to “expire in the arms of the outrageously beautiful Lady Death”.

My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? Hell, no.

This is one of many Italian sex comedies of the early 70s and it's broad humor is lost on me.  It's just too damn silly for the sake of being silly.  Now I can watch me some Three Stooges and slapstick comedy all day long but this misses the mark by a country mile.  The scenery is pretty and there's some scattered nudity but it's remarkable how it just sits there limp as hell.




I was clock watching after only fifteen minutes.  This also had an IMDb tag of Nunsploitation.  This is the extent of the Nunsploitation...



One scene lasting seconds.  Had I known I wouldn't have wasted 100 minutes of my life.  Not even the lovely Barbara Bouchet could save this picture. I could have watched SCHINDLER'S LIST (1993) or anything with substance. I blame myself.  This is my gift...my curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment