Sunday, August 11, 2013

Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008)

Director: Guillermo del Torro

Starring: Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones, John Alexander, James Dodd, Seth MacFarlane, Luke Goss, Anna Walton, Jeffrey Tambor, John Hurt, Brian Steele, Andrew Heffer

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Saving the world is a hell of a job

Plot: In this continuation to the adventure of the demon superhero, an evil elf breaks an ancient pact between humans and creatures, as he declares war against humanity. He is on a mission to release The Golden Army, a deadly group of fighting machines that can destroy the human race. As Hell on Earth is ready to erupt, Hellboy and his crew set out to defeat the evil prince before The Golden Army can destroy humanity's existence.


My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I'd swear I wrote about this after I saw it in the theater five years ago but apparently not.  I'll have to go off of five year old memories.  I remember liking it, and maybe even a little more than the first one.  It seemed free-er and more open than the first, like it had more room to breathe and have fun with itself.  It does have one of my newest pet peeves in movies and that's the elaborate gear & cog machines that's stupid huge that unlocks a massive door or world or something if that makes any sense.  It's one of those machines that takes up a city block, was made a gazillion years ago and is crazy intricate with a million parts.  That kind of thing is getting real old with me.  I dug it enough to give it another go along with the first one again and I'll commit to the third film if that ever happens.  Ron Perlman has a lot of fun with the role and I could stand for another go 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment