Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cursed (2005)

Director: Wes Craven

Starring: Christina Ricci, Jesse Eisenberg, Portia de Rossi, Mya, Shannon Elizabeth, Kristina Anapau, Daniel Edward Mora, Milo Ventimiglia, Johnny Acker, Eric Ladin, Nick Offerman, Scott Baio, Craig Kilborn, Lance Bass

More info: IMDb

Tagline: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Plot: A werewolf loose in Los Angeles changes the lives of three young adults, who, after being mauled by the beast, learn they must kill their attacker if they hope to change their fate to avoid becoming werewolves too.


My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.


I honestly didn't know anything about this when I slapped the DVD in except it was a werewolf picture.  I was pleasantly surprised that it was directed by Wes Craven, it had some names in the cast I like (Ricci, Eisenberg, Nick Offerman for starters) and it's got some funny bits along the way.  It's a fun movie. Wes Craven's not doing much more than making an enjoyable picture.  It gets a little too silly at times (I forget her name but the publicist broad who turns into a werewolf got too ridiculous for my taste) but there are other things to balance it out like the unexpected and wildly funny moment when that annoying broad turned werewolf shows up and flips a bird.  I laughed hard on that one.  I loved what they did with the character of Bo (Ventimiglia) once he confronts Jimmy (Eisenberg) on his front porch.  Nice touch.  I don't know why this has a low score on IMDb but it's definitely worth checking out.  You could do a hell of a lot worse.  I know.  I do it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment