Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Staircase Murders (2007)

Director: Tom McLoughlin

Starring: Treat Williams, Kevin Pollak, Samaire Armstrong, Brandon Olive, Laura Bailey, Douglas M. Griffin, Brett Rice, Kate Donadio, Nina Jones

More info: IMDb

Plot: After he calls 911 to report his wife's accident, successful novelist and aspiring politician Michael Peterson (Williams) becomes the prime suspect in her alleged murder.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.

I love Kevin Pollak so I'm definitely on board with anything he does.  He cracks me up but he's also a damn fine dramatic actor.  The scene where David (Pollak) forces Michael (Williams) to be honest with him and drop the act was a nice "no more mister nice guy" moment.  This was a different sort of role than I'm used to seeing Treat Williams in.  I really dug the method of storytelling by using the device of a documentary crew following Michael and his family as they go through the aftermath of his wife's death.  Having them there asking questions and doing the whole talking heads thing.  It's a pretty good flick with an ending that caught me by surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment