Monday, July 1, 2013

The Dark (2005)

Director: John Fawcett

Starring: Maria Bello, Sean Bean, Maurice Roeves, Sophie Stuckey, Abigail Stone, Richard Elfyn, Casper Harvey, Eluned Jones, Gwenyth Petty, Robin Griffith, Mike Keggen, Tonya Smith

More info: IMDb

Tagline: One of the living for one of the dead.

Plot: While in Wales visiting her husband James, Adèlle tries to fix her relationship with her teenager daughter Sarah. They see a weird memorial without the plate and with the name "Annwyn" marked, and the local Dafydd explains that this would be the place where people go after dying in accordance with the Welsh mythology. Later, Sarah vanishes on the beach and the daughter of the local fanatic shepherd, Ebrill, who died fifty years ago, appears in her place. Adele makes a research trying to find how to rescue her daughter from Annway.


My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? Jebus, no.

This horror/thriller sub genre needs to stop.  I'm growing tired of these kinds of pictures.  This one bored the piss out of me despite my fondness for Bean and Bello.  It's slow, repetitive and no matter what I thought the end was going to deliver, by the time they got there, I didn't care.  There was a slight surprise but it's not all that revolutionary.  You kind of see it coming a mile away.  I wish I had seen how poor this was going to turn out before I slapped the disc in.

No comments:

Post a Comment