Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)

Directors: Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg

Starring: John Cho, Kal Penn, Rob Corddry, Jack Conley, Roger Bart, Neil Patrick Harris, Beverly D'Angelo, Danneel Ackles, Eric Winter, Paula Garces, Jon Reep, Missi Pyle, Ed Helms

More info: IMDb

Tagline: This time they're running from the joint.

Plot: Follows the cross-country adventures of the pot-smoking duo as they try to outrun authorities who suspect them of being terrorists when they try to sneak a bong on board their flight to Amsterdam.


My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again? No.

This was a couple of steps back from the first picture.  I really dig the two leads and NPH gets a few laughs (it kills me how much they make him seem like a pussy hound) but it's just not nearly as consistently funny and the quality of the gags isn't there (the George W. Bush shit at the end was pretty inspiring, though).  I LOVED the bottomless party.  That was hot. I really wanted to like this one but it just didn't bring the funny like before.  Here's hoping the next one is better. At least it's in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment