Monday, July 22, 2013

D-Day the Sixth of June (1956)

Director: Henry Koster

Starring: Robert Taylor, Richard Todd, Dana Wynter, Edmond O'Brien, John Williams, Jerry Paris, Robert Gist, Richard Wyler, Ross Elliott, Alex Finlayson

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The Greatest Love Story of the War

Plot: On the night before D-Day, one ship, carrying Special Force Six, leaves ahead of the main invasion on a dangerous mission. On board are British Colonel Wynter and American Captain Parker, who each, in flashback, reminisce about their separate involvements with beauteous Valerie Russell.


My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? War is HELL, NO!

Say, kids, how much Nazi ass-kickin' action would you expect in a 106 minute movie called D-DAY THE SIXTH OF JUNE?  How about 7 minutes worth, AND not until 90 minutes into the picture?  Yeah.  Had I seen the movie poster before watching it instead of the DVD cover (bastards!) I might have been less disappointed.  Check out this horseshit.


That screams WWII action to me.  Not a vagina in sight. Hell, they don't even put Dana Wynter's (the female love interest) name on the cover!  Bullshit, Man, bullshit.  It's crap like this that puts a bad taste in my mouth from 20th Century Fox.  I don't get how Robert Taylor got to be such a popular movie star.  He's dull.  I didn't care for him in IVANHOE (1952) and I don't like him here.  His performance is as bland as...


Maybe he's good in Westerns or crime flicks but he's got no business being the love interest in this picture.  He's got so little charisma I can't get behind anyone like Valerie (Wynter) for digging on this guy.  The ending was OK since it at least went somewhere I didn't expect.  What a let down.  I'm selling this DVD at the flea market.  Cash monies here I come!



No comments:

Post a Comment