Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Friday the 13th (2009)

Director: Marcus Nispel

Starring: Jared Padalecki, Danielle Panabaker, Amanda Righetti, Travis Van Winkle, Aaron Yoo, Derek Mears, Jonathan Sadowski

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Welcome to Crystal Lake

Plot: A group of young adults discover a boarded up Camp Crystal Lake, where they soon encounter Jason Voorhees and his deadly intentions.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah.


What's this, tits (albeit fake) and kills (and GREAT kills at that) in the first twenty minutes?  You have my attention.  The next 80 minutes aren't too shabby, either.  I like the time and place of the original more as well as the openness of the camp but this reboot has its merits...like nudity and kills.  Isn't that why we watch this franchise to begin with?  Without great kills a Jason Voorhees picture would be neutered. I'm not 100% sold on the underground tunnels thing but it makes sense and I'm willing to roll with it. The ending to this one was kind of weak but the rest of it was rather fun. I'm sure I'll get around to seeing it again in a decade or two but, geez, where's the sequel?  It's been four years now.  Did they piss off franchise fans that much to keep from making more of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment