Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Woman Hunter (1972)

Director: Bernard L. Kowalski

Starring: Barbara Eden, Robert Vaughn, Stuart Whitman, Sydney Chaplin, Enrique Lucero, Larry Storch, Norma Storch

More info: IMDb

Plot: A rich couple is vacationing in Mexico to mix business, work-related for him, with pleasure.  The wife is recovering from a recent accident.  While relaxing, the wife sees a man recording numerous observations of her actions into a tape recorder.  Afraid the man is out to rob or harm her, she tries to report the matter to the police but is dismissed as paranoid.



My rating: 4/10

Will I watch it again? Geez, no.

Money.  That's the only thing I can think of that drew this project to these actors.  The story is as weak as the direction (Brian Clemens wrote this...the same guy who wrote the great CAPTAIN KRONOS: VAMPIRE HUNTER (1974) and THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD (1973)).  Barbara Eden (who needs to have my babies) and Stuart Whitman do OK I guess.  Robert Vaughn looks like he's phoning it in. 


Until the final 5 minutes it's pretty damn bland and not much happens.  Then the picture wraps up and you discover that someone is a murderer (which we're also hearing about the murders for the first time) and BAM!  Happy ending.  Lazy writing and execution.  The funny thing is I was wanting to watch the Women In Prison flick, THE WOMAN HUNT (1973) and I thought that this is what that was.  30 minutes into the 74 minute flick I realized my mistake.  I was committed at that point and finished it.  I'm sure the other flick is just as bad...but with boobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment