Sunday, March 3, 2013

Suspect Zero (2004)

Director: E. Elias Merhige

Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Ben Kingsley, Carrie-Anne Moss, Harry Lennix, Kevin Chamberlin, Julian Reyes, Keith Campbell, Chloe Russell

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Your number is up

Plot: FBI agent Thomas Mackelway arrives in Dallas when a salesman is killed in a hideous crime. Mackelway is in charge of the investigation and the chief of the agency calls for backup, arriving agent Fran Kulok, who had a past with Mackelway. The leads guide them to Benjamin O'Ryan, a man that claims to be a former FBI agent, and considered a random killing machine. Mackelway becomes obsessed trying to find the truth.



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again?  Nope.

This sure doesn't feel like it's from the same guy that made SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE (2000), one of my favorite horror flicks.  That picture is a work of art.  This one is...well, it's got a different type of serial killer than we're used to but gee whiz is it slow as molasses on a winter's day.  Man.  I dig the lead actors and they do a pretty good job but by the time you get to the end of the picture you're really ready to go.  I felt like jumping into the screen and pulling the trigger myself.  Woof.  I really dig a good serial killer movie and I don't mind a slow, leisurely paced film but this one really tested my patience.  Clint Mansell's droning score didn't help, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment