Saturday, March 30, 2013

Road House (1989)

Director: Rowdy Herrington

Starring: Patrick Swayze, Kelly Lynch, Sam Elliott, Ben Gazzara, Marshal R. Teague, Julie Michaels, Red West, Sunshine Parker, Jeff Healey, Kevin Tighe

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The dancing's over. Now it gets dirty.

Plot: When it becomes too violent at the Double Deuce road house, the club owner hires Dalton, a professional "cooler" (head bouncer) to clean it up. But Dalton's early successes and budding romance with the local doctor enrages Wesley, the town crime boss. When Dalton continues to defy him, the stage is set for a dramatic confrontation that will test Dalton's limits and decide the fate of the town.



My rating: 7/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah.  The Kevin Smith commentary is begging me to.

Boy, was that fun! I finally got around to seeing it.  It was a hell of a lot more fun than I ever imagined.  I love how everyone is playing it straight, especially Swayze.  I thought for sure that the near-two hour run time would hurt it but the pacing was strong and moved along pretty quick. The fight scenes were a gas and there was a surprising amount of nudity.  Say, that reminds me.  Am I the only one who noticed a homoerotic vibe in this picture?

Gay



 Gay



Gay


And this guy actually says, "I fucked guys like you in prison."

No comments:

Post a Comment