Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pink Flamingos (1972)

Director: John Waters

Starring: Divine, David Lochary, Mary Vivian Pearce, Mink Stole, Danny Mills, Edith Massey, Channing Wilroy, Cookie Mueller, Paul Swift, Susan Walsh

More info: IMDb

Tagline: The filthiest people alive! Their loves, their hates and their unquenchable thirst for notoriety!

Plot: Sleaze queen Divine lives in a caravan with her mad hippie son Crackers and her 250-pound mother Mama Edie, trying to rest quietly on their laurels as 'the filthiest people alive'. But competition is brewing in the form of Connie and Raymond Marble, who sell heroin to schoolchildren and kidnap and impregnate female hitchhikers, selling the babies to lesbian couples. Finally, they challenge Divine directly, and battle commences.


My rating: 9/10

Will I watch it again? YES!


The first time I saw this it was in a theater for a cult movie night.  I literally had no idea what I was in for but I was aware of it from its notoriety and cult status.  Holy shit did I laugh my ass off.  I was in love with it from the fist few minutes.  It's one of my all-time cult favorites.  I really dig this early John Waters stuff.  The acting style of yelling your lines is hysterical.  The cast is a beautiful freak show of players and I love every one of them.  The dialogue is fast and there's lots of it.  Who can forget the Egg Lady?  What about Crackers' chicken sex?  Learn the best method of stealing a steak from a grocery store.  Learn how to extend your penis by tying a cooked sausage to it.  Oh, the things you can make your asshole do.  Say, kids, how do you prefer your artificial insemination?  The songs Waters puts in his movies are perfect.  He's up there with Tarantino with their excellent choice of songs.  I fucking love this movie.  It's a great one to turn on to people...especially the unsuspecting ones.  Bwahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment