Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007 (2012)

Director: Stevan Riley

Starring: TONS of people involved with the Bond franchise.

More info: IMDb

Plot: Produced as part of the celebrations of the James Bond film series reaching its fiftieth anniversary and sanctioned by those behind them, the documentary Everything Or Nothing: The Untold Story Of 007 starts from the events leading up to the first film and spends a few minutes on each film that followed with interviews from the cast and crew.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I'm a James Bond fan.  I'm cuckoo for 007 Cocoa Puffs.  I'm very opinionated about the subject. I've watched all the films a gazillion times and I've seen TONS of extras and heard most of the DVD commentaries.  I'm all over this shit.  EVERYTHING OR NOTHING is a great overview but it's barely scratching the surface.  In 98 minutes they cover how Broccoli and Saltzman got started with the film series and continues to talk about each film in chronological order and how each Bond actor got the part.  There are tons of interviews and lots of great behind the scenes photos and video.  It's a fascinating ride but boy, oh boy, is it a quick one.  The thing to do is to watch this and then hit every single documentary on each of the films that come with the special editions.  They're about an hour each.  Then you've got something.  Even though I've been watching the Bond behind the scenes stuff for decades I still get a kick out of them and I'll be watching this one a few times in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment