Friday, March 22, 2013

Drifter: Henry Lee Lucas (2009)

Director: Michael Feifer

Starring: Antonio Sabato Jr., John Diehl, Kostas Sommer, Kelly Curran, Caia Coley, John Burke, Nocolas Canel, Ezra Averill

More info: IMDb


Plot: Having admitted to over 300 murders, Henry Lee Lucas was one of the most prolific serial killers in American history. Antonio Sabato Jr. plays Lucas, who, after a lifetime of abuse at the hands of his sadistic mother, embarks on a coldblooded killing spree with the help of fellow drifter Ottis Toole (Sommer).



My rating: 5/10

Will I watch it again? Nope.

The biggest obstacles I had to overcome when watching this were accepting Sabato as Lucas, Sabato as a serial killer and Sabato as a man who could get away with murder over and over again.  I'm just not buyin' it.  Not many of the cast got through this proudly.  The standout performance in my book is John Diehl as Sheriff Larabie.  He rocked.  I think it might be director Michael Feifer's fault.  This guy directs A LOT - 30 movies in the past 8 years.  He's also done quite a few serial killer flicks, one of which I checked out recently, B.T.K. (2008) starring Kane Hodder, which wasn't too bad.  Well, LUCAS doesn't suffer with boredom but the weak performances really stand out. The last fifteen minutes is actually quite good with the relationship between Henry and Becky coming to a close but getting to that point requires more than I'm willing to give it again.  Poor casting's going to force me to give this one a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment