Friday, March 22, 2013

Amelie (2001)

Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Starring:  Audrey Tautou, Mathieu Kassovitz, Rufus, Lorella Cravotta, Serge Merlin, Jamel Debbouze, Clotilde Mollet, Clair Maurier, Isabelle Nanty, Dominique Pinon

More info: IMDb

Tagline: One person can change your life forever.

Plot: Amelie, an innocent and naive girl in Paris, with her own sense of justice, decides to help those around her and along the way, discovers love.


My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Yes.

I just realized I watched this three years ago and it never made it to the blog.  What an adorable film.  Audrey Tautou is too cute for words and she really sells this picture.  The bits with the traveling gnome are hilarious.  AMELIE made me laugh and cry (just a little - that's all I'll admit to).  Yeah, it's two hours long but it doesn't feel like it.  You'll come out the other side with a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment