Thursday, March 21, 2013

All the Lovin' Kinfolk (1970)

Director: John Hayes

Starring: Jay Scott, Mady Maguire, Ann Ryan, Janice Douglas, Donna Young, William Guhl, Ruth Stanley, Marland Proctor

More info: IMDb

Tagline: They's more than kissin' cousins

Plot: Two backwoods high school grads, Mady Maguire and Jay Scott, try their luck in the big city. Their luck runs out in a hurry as they're slickered and conned. Meanwhile, kissin' cousins Mady and Jay go well beyond kissin'.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.

This one's a head-scratcher.  It's not your typical low budget exploitation picture.  It's The South and it looks like it's set in the early 30s and there are lots of great old cars and an attempt at recreating that time and place.  The acting is pretty good for what it is and there was some though that went into the story.  Then there's what makes it an exploitation flick; frequent nudity but most of it (and the best of it) is with Uschi.

NOT Uschi


One thing that surprised me was they did a fairly good job on the accents.  I've lived most of my life in The South.  I'm not saying they nailed it but when you consider this is a low budget exploitation flick, they made a good effort.  But no matter how hard they tried, it's still a titty flick and overall it's not something you're likely to watch again although it comes close. I almost forgot about the music.  There's a song that gets used frequently that's a good sound alike for the Harry Nilsson tune from MIDNIGHT COWBOY (1969), Everybody's Talkin'.  It works in the picture but there's no escaping the tune they're copying.





Over the weekend I decided it was time to start a project for one of my favorite exploitation hotties, Uschi Digard.  She shows up in the first twenty minutes with an out-of-nowhere soft core sex scene in a chicken coop.  It's pretty short and it ends with her holding an egg and crushing it at the point of climax.



I was a little bummed out that they got the Uschi in and out so quickly but I was pleasantly surprised when she showed up near the end as a prostitute in a brothel.  She's got a few lines this time (I LOVE that Swedish accent) and does the naked thing once again.




No comments:

Post a Comment