Monday, January 21, 2013

Sundance Film Festival Day 4

Sunday, January 20.

I can't believe this keeps getting better every day.  Left the house at 8 AM and just got back at 2 AM.  Watched the new Steve Coogan flick, THE LOOK OF LOVE at 9.  Great flick, especially for Coogan fans.  I gave up my ticket for a friend to see a movie with his dad so I had a 3.5 hour break.  I FINALLY got a decent meal for a change instead of snacking or not eating.  Had some good Mexican food and banged out a few reviews (those are coming after I get some sleep).  Back to the Eccles Theatre for THE EAST, the latest from Brit Marling.  I liked it (more later).  Then I was right back in line for Chan-Wook Park's newest, STOKER.  While in line for that one I was next to the CEO of IMDb again.  I was between him and the head casting director for Disney.  Unbelievable.  Next thing I know I'm at the top of their 'pay-no-mind' list and I'm a ghost.  STOKER was good but I need some help.

That steak I've been wanting for the past 4 days happened after STOKER.  We took the shuttle to downtown and ate at some fancy pantsy restaurant.  The food was good but not worth what we paid.  I hate paying large dollars for something I can make just as good at home.  I'm not complaining.  It was well worth it.  After that it was a quick ride to the Library theatre for the midnight premiere. A FUCKING HILARIOUS horror/comedy called HELL BABY.  I thought I was going to piss myself with that one.  Every show today had a Q&A with the cast and crew. Nicole Kidman is tall.  Ellen Page is still short and Steve Coogan couldn't make it because he's a couple of days away from beginning shooting on the Alan Partridge movie (YEAH!!!).

I already gave up my ticket for someone for TOY'S HOUSE which means my first movie tomorrow starts at 3:30, plenty of time to catch up on reviews of everything I've seen so far.  There's another midnight show for me tomorrow with ASS BACKWARDS and before that I'll see THE WAY WAY BACK (Sam Rockwell) and THE NECESSARY DEATH OF CHARLIE COUNTRYMAN (Shia LaBeouf).

No comments:

Post a Comment