Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fido (2006)

Director: Andrew Currie

Starring: Carrie-Anne Moss, Billy Connolly, Dylan Baker, K'Sun Ray, Henry Czerny, Tim Blake Nelson

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Good dead are hard to find

Plot: Timmy Robinson's best friend in the whole wide world is a six-foot tall rotting zombie named Fido. But when FIDO eats the next-door neighbor, Mom and Dad hit the roof, and Timmy has to go to the ends of the earth to keep Fido a part of the family.


My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again?  Yep.

What a pleasant surprise!  I'd heard about this for a long time and I'm so glad I got around to it.  I love how it's got that LEAVE IT TO BEAVER vibe going on but with those vintage colors and zombies.  It's just too damn funny.  Billy Connelly is a fucking riot as the Robinson family's zombie pet.  The entire cast does a great job.  It's so tongue in cheek and the best part is, for as funny as it is, people die! Kids, too!!! Classic.  This would make a great double bill with MATINEE (1993), another great flick with a similar feel but without the zombies and dead children. 






News flash...this just in...Carrie-Anne Moss is sofa king sexy and she needs to have my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment