Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Fabulous Bastard from Chicago (1969)


Director: Greg Corarito

Starring: John Alderman, Maria Lease, James E. Myers, Vicki Carbe, Daryl Colinot, Whitey Wozniak, Gary Kent

More info: IMDb

Tagline: .....he blazed a path halfway across the country - hustling his illegal booze - bouncing from soft beds to violent brawls - making his own laws - living his own life - doing it all his own way!!

Plot: Sex pays as much as crime in David Friedman's prohibition tale, set in 1927 and telling the story of a bootlegger who sends his sexy dame to his rival to get precious information, but the plan backfires when the bootlegger's daughter is raped.




My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? I'm throwing it away.

THE FABULOUS BASTARD FROM CHICAGO is loaded with naked women and sixties haircuts...just like they had 'em in the Roaring Twenties! I almost always go into movies with an open mind. I knew this was a low budget exploitation picture and I figured I was going to have a reasonably good time but I had no idea that it was loaded with the 3 B's - bullets, boobs and boring. Fucking hell this picture bored the piss out of me and my friends. It was all good fun for the first twenty minutes, making fun of it and all but after a while I was ready for ANYTHING besides this and it goes on for an hour and a half or so. The fast forward button was our friend for the final third of the picture and even at 10x speed it was dull. I hate to do that to a flick (even one like this) but I felt forced to. The cars and the boobs were nice, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment