Saturday, September 15, 2012

Puppet Master 2 (1991)




Director: Dave Allen

Starring: Elizabeth Maclellan, Collin Bernsen, Steve Welles, Greg Webb, Charlie Spradling, Jeff Celentano, Nita Talbot, Sage Allen, George 'Buck' Flower

More info: IMDb

Tagline: His unholy creations hold the strings to your life.

Plot: The puppets return, this time they hunt some Paranormal Researchers to take their brain fluid for the dead/living puppet master, Andre Toulon.



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yeah.

Back in the 80s, during my teen years I watched so many horror movies that I've forgotten most of them. Me and a buddy of mine would rent several horror movies on VHS and watch them until the wee hours of the morning, munching on junk food and downing Co-colas. This is one (along with the first film) that we watched. I may have watched it a few times back then but I wouldn't be able to remember. All I know is that I had only ever watched the first two flicks in this series and for some reason stopped. I guess I can blame going off to college.


Oh, yeah, the movie. You can always count on Full Moon's movies to be short. Sometimes they're barely over an hour but that's OK because they're often fun with a little something different than the big budget Hollywood fare. I love killer doll movies and these are the coolest dolls out there - so cool that I want all the toys. I guess it's budget restraints that keep the killer doll action to a minimum. The kills are fun and the stop motion puppet stuff gets me giddy every time. I can see watching this again but more boobs and gore would be nice along side some stop motion puppets out for revenge! This franchise seems ripe for a bigger budget re-boot and it'd be super cool if it started in 1930s Nazi Germany. Ooh, the kick ass possibilities are so ripe for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment