Sunday, August 5, 2012

Adventureland (2009)


Director: Greg Mottola

Starring: Jesse Eisenberg, Kelsey Ford, Michael Zegen, Ryan McFarland, Jack Gilpin, Bill Hader, Kristen Stewart, Ryan Reynolds

More info: IMDb

Tagline: It was the worst job they ever imagined... and the best time of their lives.

Plot: A comedy set in the summer of 1987 and centered around a recent high school grad who takes a nowhere job at his local amusement park, only to find it's the perfect course to get him prepared for the real world.



My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Noop.

Sometimes the hype can't live up to it. This is a flick that I had heard from so many people that it was a very good movie. I liked it OK but it's not doing anything that I haven't seen many times before. It's not that it should for me to dig it but I was hoping there would be something of interest for me besides hearing Falco's "Rock Me Amadeus" a gazillion times (man, I love that tune). I guess Michael Cera was busy making another picture so they got Jesse Eisenberg. He does a fine job I suppose but I can't shake that he's pulling a Cera. Anyway, this film wasn't made for me. It was made for kids 20 years younger that are in college or are skipping college to sell candles or something. Beats the fuck out of me. All I know is I've got another DVD to sell at the flea market.

No comments:

Post a Comment