Friday, June 15, 2012

MoH 109: The Fair Haired Child (2006)


Director: William Malone

Starring: Lori Petty, William Samples, Lindsay Pulsipher, Ian A. Wallace, Haley Morrison, Jesse Haddock, Walter Phelan

More info: IMDb

Plot: The virgin teenager Tara is outcast in school and neglected by her mother. While riding her bike back home from school, she is drugged, kidnapped and brought to an isolated mansion by the insane pianist Anton. His cellist wife Judith lures Tara to obtain personal information, and then they lock her in the basement where she meets their son Johnny trying to commit suicide. Tara discovers that the creepy couple lost their son drowned in a lake twelve years ago, and have made a pact with a demon to bring him back to life. The price would be the sacrifice of twelve teenagers, and Tara is the last one.




My rating: 6/10

Will I watch it again? Nope.

Even at just under an hour some of these episodes feel too long. I sort of liked this one. It kept me guessing as to what was going on until the reveal near the end but I got to a point where I almost didn't care. The surprise (if you can call it that) ending was OK but I just felt rather middle of the road after watching it. I do love how this series is all over the place as far as content is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment