Sunday, June 10, 2012

John Pinette: I'm Starvin'! (2007)


Director: Larysa Fenyn

Starring: John Pinette

More info: IMDb

Plot: After starring in the Broadway smash Hairspray, John Pinette returns in the hottest show at the Montreal Comedy Festival. Named "Stand-Up Comedian of the Year" by the American Comedy Awards, Pinette gained wide attention for his role in the Seinfeld finale and is a favorite The Tonight Show guest. He's here with an all-new material on everything from health food ("Salad's not food. Salad comes with food.") to family parties ("If you see a skinny person at the Pinette Family reunion, you say, 'And you are married to who?'").



My rating: 6.5/10

Will I watch it again? Nah.

#15 on Stand-up Comedy Month, May/June 2012

Pinette starts off with some so-so funny bits about his experience with the musical, Hairspray, and then does an hour of fat/food jokes. I laughed every once in a while and I found his style of stand-up kind of fun (he's manic and exaggerates) but what surprised me most was how he could come up with so much material on being fat and eating. That was impressive. I won't be watching this one again but I won't turn down a chance to see any of his other work.

No comments:

Post a Comment