Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Woman Eater (1958)


Director: Charles Saunders

Starring: George Coulouris, Vera Day, Peter Wayn, Joyce Gregg, Joy Webster, Jimmy Vaughn, Robert MacKenzie

More info: IMDb

Tagline: See the nerve-shattering Dance of Death!

Plot: A mad scientist captures women and feeds them to a flesh-eating tree, which in turn gives him a serum that helps bring the dead back to life.



My rating: 5.5/10

Will I watch it again? Noop.

#37 on 42nd Street Forever Vol. 2: The Deuce (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

I really don’t know what to say. THE WOMAN EATER is a typical, middle-of-the-road B-horror movie from the 50s. It neither bored me nor more than slightly entertained me. The acting was fine (it’s a British flick and they know how to act, even in their low budget pictures), Edwin Astley’s score was sufficient, the story was serviceable and it’s a competently made flick but it’s nothing more than a standard killer of 70 minutes. I love the poster, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment