Monday, January 23, 2012

Raising Arizona (1987)


Director: Joel Coen

Starring: Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, Trey Wilson, John Goodman, William Forsythe, Sam McMurray, Frances McDormand, Randall 'Tex' Cobb

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Their lawless years are behind them. Their child-rearing years lay ahead...

Plot: When a childless couple of an ex-con and an ex-cop decide to help themselves to one of another family's quintuplets, their lives get more complicated than they anticipated.



My rating: 10/10

Will I watch it again? You betcha or my name ain't Nathan Arizona!

This is one of my all time favorite comedies. It's the kind of movie that I've seen a gazillion times and can quote most of the dialogue, the kind of movie that has given me a plethora of funny shit to say and take great pride when someone catches the reference as if there are only a few people on the planet that can appreciate something so fucking hilarious. It's a high point in the career of Nicolas Cage whose made more shit than Larry the Cable Guy on taco night.



Everyone in this picture is pitch perfect in their performances. The script runs the gamut from brilliant comedy to heartfelt tenderness (especially during the finale). Carter Burwell's score is brilliant as well. For me to keep going is pointless because I'll end up throwing out quote after quote. If I were to record a commentary for the movie it'd basically be me laughing for an hour and a half. I love this film and barely go 72 hours without tossing out some line from it. Nathan needs some Huggies. My friends call me Lenny...only, I ain't got no friends. Ahahahahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment