Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jaws 2 (1978)





Director: Jeannot Szwarc

Starring: Roy Scheider, Lorraine Gary, Murray Hamilton, Joseph Mascolo, Jeffrey Kramer, Keith Gordon, Collin Wilcox Paxton, Ann Dusenberry, Mark Gruner

More info: IMDb

Tagline: Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Plot: Four years after the events of the original "Jaws", the town of Amity suddenly experiences series of mysterious boating accidents and disappearances. Chief of Police, Martin Brody, fears that another shark is out there, but he is ignored by the townsfolk. Unfortunately, he's right.



My rating: 7.5/10

Will I watch it again? Yup.

I've only ever seen the first two JAWS flicks and it's been years since I saw this one but I remember liking it. The first picture is one of my all-time favorites. It's the best shark movie ever made and JAWS 2 is the second best. I really liked it. It's even better than I remembered. There are some great, thrilling set pieces, John Williams' score tops his original (!!!) and I like the character development with Chief Brody. I can't believe the IMDb score is so low. JAWS 2 isn't just a re-hash of the first story; they actually tried to make a different movie with a few similarities and it really works. I'm satisfied. The region 2 DVD I have has over an hour's worth of extras like a 45 minute making of, a 9 minute interview and look at John Williams' music, another with the director, actors etc, deleted scenes and trailers for all 4 movies. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing the next two sequels but I know my expectations are going to have to be in the basement. I've heard they're bad, really bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment