Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)


Director: David Fincher

Starring: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Christopher Plummer, Stellan Skarsgard, Steven Berkoff, Robin Wright, Yorick van Wageningen, Joely Richardson, Geraldine James, Goran Visnjic

More info: IMDb

Tagline: She's coming.

Plot: This English-language adaptation of the Swedish novel by Stieg Larsson follows a disgraced journalist, Mikael Blomkvist (Craig), as he investigates the disappearance of a wealthy patriarch's niece from 40 years ago. He is aided by the pierced, tattooed, punk computer hacker named Lisbeth Salander (Mara). As they work together in the investigation, Blomkvist and Salander uncover immense corruption beyond anything they have ever imagined.



My rating: 8.5/10

Will I watch it again? YES! I can't wait!!!

I loves me some David Fincher. This guy can't do anything wrong and I really need to get on the ball and watch the two movies of his I haven't seen. I really dig this flick and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. It's not an easy movie to peg because when you think you know what the main focus is the movie throws something into the mix to set you off on a new path and this happens a few times which is very, VERY cool.





The performances are great, especially Mara who needs to have my dragon tattooed babies. I REALLY like her character and I really hope they make the other two films. I'm not going to wait long because the original Swedish trilogy is already done and ready to watch. Trent Reznor's score is most effective and the Led Zeppelin cover song (Immigrant Song) he did perfectly compliments this film. I know it's retarded that I spent more time talking about UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING (2012) which isn't in the same game as this one but I'd love to watch this one again. I REALLY liked it and I can't fault it with anything. I also watched this from the comfort of my car at a drive-in theater during a rainstorm for the first half of it. It's a damn fine thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment