Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sins of Rachel (1972)




Director: Dick Fontaine

Starring: Ann Noble, Jerome Scott, Brett Mariott, Bruce Campbell, Patricia Rees

More info: IMDb

Plot: Bizarre, salacious story about a former fat singer getting herself killed by a host of possible candidates. It seems that Rachel has a thing for younger men including her own son.



My rating: 3/10

Will I watch it again? Hells, no.

#59 on Dusk to Dawn Drive-In Trash-o-Rama Show Vol. 1 (part of the TRAILER TRASH PROJECT)

Yawn-inducing. There's not much worse than a dull drama that offers nothing in the way of exploitation. The ONLY thing this has going for it is that Rachel slept with her grown son and he's got sexual hangups, denying he's gay at every turn. That's it. It's that special kind of boring that begs the question as to why this was made in the first place. My guess is somebody wanted to make or be in the movies.



There's nothing remotely interesting and I can't for the life of me see why someone would want to make this picture. I can't imagine someone involved with this had a passion for it. Maybe for Ann Noble, the actress that played the titular character, who also wrote it. She's the only one. Don't know. Don't care. Earlier this year I finished watching all of the movies on the above mentioned trailer compilation. This title eluded me as one of the few on it I couldn't find...until now. I wish it had stayed out of reach for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment