Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown (1977)


Directors: Bill Melendez & Phil Roman

Starring: Duncan Watson, Greg Felton, Stuart Brotman, Gail Davis, Liam Martin, Kirk Jue, Jordan Warren

More info: IMDb

Tagline: It's my new wilderness adventure! The entire "Peanuts" gang faces everything from bullies to rampaging rapids. "Good grief", will you have fun!

Plot: The Peanuts gang, including Snoopy and Woodstock, have gone off to summer camp. After a few days of the usual summer-camp activities, they all take part in a rafting race. Battling treacherous rapids, wild animals, and bullies from a rival camp, the teams make their way downriver to the finish line.



My rating: 8/10

Will I watch it again? Oh, yeah.

It's been over thirty years since I saw this and it came back to me like it was yesterday. I saw it in the theater and then about a gazillion times on TV a couple of years later. I even recorded the audio off of the television onto a cassette recorder so I could listen to it at night before I went to sleep and on road trips with the family. Most of the dialogue was as fresh in my mind as I watched it tonight. I was singing along to the songs and humming the tunes as they played. I hadn't forgotten hardly any of it. It's like I went back in time and became that little kid again for all of 76 minutes. I've always dug the music and songs by Ed Bogas and for the past three decades they've been with me every step of the way. I've always had a soft spot for this flick. It's the best of the Peanuts movies and it was a great trip down memory lane. Now where the hell is the DVD of this thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment